Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just A Girl


This post is way over due but I tend to slack a little when it comes to this stuff...

SUE ME

On June 6th, SP and myself took a venture out to Verizon Wireless Ampitheather to check out the NO DOUBT concert. See I'm a California girl through and through, even if I do live in the south now and say "ya'll", so I had to see one of my favorite bands and support my Anaheim (I was born there) roots.
We had originally bought lawn seats, but after about 4 days straight of rain, I was a little worried that they were going to be more like mud seats. Upon entering the venue, we spoted a sign that said $10 seat upgrades. SCORE! We, of course, took advantage of that offer. Our seats were just to the right of the stage and way better than lawn seats.

The Sounds and Paramore were the opening bands. I had never heard of The Sounds before, but I enjoyed them. They reminded me of a 80's band. Paramore was very good. They are another one of my favorite bands. SP and I were taking bets on what song they would close with..."Decode" from the Twilight soundtrack was the winner. SP won that one.

NO DOUBT hit the stage with "Spiderwebs" and continued to rock out with their biggest hits. They put on an FABULOUS show. I wish I had half as much energy that Gwen has. They closed the set with "Sunday Morning" which is probably my favorite song by them. I had a blast and most definently spend the money to see them again.

My pictures are the greatest, but I thought I would share them anyways...


And of course the shameless self portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment